Saturday, June 18, 2011

¡Bienvenidos!

Hello Everyone!

First of all thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! I am SUPER EXCITED to leave for Costa Rica tomorrow at 4:30 in the morning! I CAN'T WAIT! :)  

So basically during my volunteer trip with Cross-Cultural Solutions I will be working at a government run daycare teaching children about taking care of themselves, nutrition, along with some English! The Costa Rican teacher that works at this daycare does not know any English so it should be pretty interesting ;) I'll be there for about four hours every day during the week. During my free time I will get to prepare the lessons for the next day and participate in learning cultural activities and exploring San Carlos. I am so excited to learn about the Ticos (what the Costa Ricans call themselves) and their way of live. I am sure I will have  many new experiences that I will never forget! 

Every night for the next two weeks I will blog about my new adventures so that I can share them with you! Feel free to ask any questions you might have along the way! I will be speaking with you again very shortly.

¡Pura Vida!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment